This website is operated by The Burger Guide.
1. Material from this Site may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of The Burger Guide. Neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to you by use of or access to this Site; rather, all rights, title and interest in and to all aspects of the Site remain the property of The Burger Guide. Material on this Site is provided for lawful purposes only.
2. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL The Burger Guide BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES), HARM, OR INJURY THAT RELATE TO, ARISE OUT OF, OR RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ANY OF THE MATERIALS OF THIS SITE, OR ARE CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATIONAL TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE FAILURE. THE MATERIAL ON THIS SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAWS, THE BURGER GUIDE DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE AND DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE BURGER GUIDE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE CONTENTS WILL BE CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU (AND NOT THE BURGER GUIDE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
3. All information communicated through this Site or otherwise sent to The Burger Guide without limitation will forever be the exclusive property of The Burger Guide, who will not be required to treat the Submission as confidential, and will not be liable for any use whatsoever or disclosure of the Submission, and need not provide any compensation or acknowledgement for the Submission. Without limitation, The Burger Guide will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Submission of every kind and nature anywhere, including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Submission where not protected by law. You agree not to submit any infringing, unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or profane material that could constitute or encourage criminal or unlawful conduct, or material containing spam or advertising content. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever Submission you send, and you, not The Burger Guide, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, and originality.
4. COMPLIANCE WITH DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT.
It is policy to promptly respond to claims of copyright infringement. If you believe that an infringing copyrighted work is accessible on this Site, please notify us at the address below with the following information:
a. The signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright. This signature can be physical or electronic.
b. A statement that this person is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
c. A statement that this person has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the complained-of manner is not authorized either by the copyright owner, by the owner's agent, or by law;
d. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, and a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the Site; and e. Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Please put "Notice of Infringement" in the subject line of all such notifications, and send the notification to firstname.lastname@example.org I will process and investigate all notices of alleged infringement as required by the DMCA, and will remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity.
5. This Site contains links to other Internet sites and resources. The Burger Guide is not responsible for the availability of external sites or resources linked to this Site, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Transactions that occur between you and the third party are strictly between you and the third party and are not the responsibility of The Burger Guide. Because The Burger Guide is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their content, you should review the Terms and Conditions of Use of these linked sites, as their policies may differ. You should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or Webmaster.
6. This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the United States, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of laws. Except as described otherwise, all materials in this Site are made available only to provide information about The Burger Guide, which controls and operates this Site from Chicago, IL, and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this Site from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with the applicable local laws.
7. The following trademarks and all related logos and designs used herein are owned by The Burger Guide:
The use or misuse of these trademarks or any content of this Site, except as provided above, is strictly prohibited. All other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark owners.
8. This Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions and other copyright laws. Except as set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Use, you may not modify, adapt, translate, exhibit, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in this section of the Terms and Conditions of Use), create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble, or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, materials or Site in whole or in part. You may access the Site for your personal, noncommercial use only, but may not reproduce or post the content anywhere on the Internet or elsewhere. Copying or storing of any content for other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from The Burger Guide or the copyright holder identified in the individual content's proprietary notices including copyright notice.
9. Food: This Site recommends top burgers or recipes, but cannot be held accountable for the preparation of the food as that is outside our reasonable control. Always cook your food in line with government or food safety regulations. Additionally, for the restaurants recommended to operate they must meet local business or governing requirements with regards to restaurant operations that are outside our control. Never eat food you would believe to be unsafe.
10. Location: This Site identifies locations that are used off the best publicly available location data (e.g. Google Maps, Trip Advisor, Yelp, Facebook). This site cannot be held accountable for the accuracy of this data and recommends checking the accuracy of location data, as restaurants can close or move. Additionally, The Burger Guide cannot guarantee the safety of the neighborhood, navigational, or travel methods you use to visit a location.
Updated: September 5, 2014